WHEELER T. MARSEE
VICE GRIEVANCE CHAIR
Brothers and Sisters,
My name is Wheeler Marsee, and I am running for Re-Election as Vice Griever position in our local. Your vote would be appreciated.
I have lived in Melvindale 43 of my 50 years. My wife, Martha, was my childhood sweetheart and after 24 years of marriage, she is still the light of my life. We have two children a boy (22) and a daughter (18). My wife and children are very supportive in my endeavors. I have always been active in some capacity with my union and community.
I offer the following for your consideration.
As you make up your mind to vote, please consider the following points. I
- Am a 19-year member of United Steel Workers Local 1299.
- Have provided fair and uniformed representation for the past 3 years as your Vice Grievance Chairman.
- Have taken all educational classes provided, to perform my duties.
- Have shared the many Union victories and strive to work on strategies for further advancement of our Union.
- Have passion for the Union and the grievance procedure.
- Presently serve on the Melvindale City Council after being elected in November 2011
- Provided council oversight to city contract negotiations.
- Served on the Melvindale Public Safety Commission since 2008, which fully governed and provided HR to the Melvindale Police and Melvindale Fire Dept.
- Served as Chairman of the Melvindale Public Safety Commission. (2010- November 2011) I resigned to serve as Councilman as provided by the Melvindale City Charter.
I have been active in our Union and my role as Vice Grievance Chair serving you. I will work to see that our Contract is strictly interpreted and strictly applied. Along with our team, I will help provide effective and continuous oversight of our labor environment. I will do my best to see that not one right or benefit is overlooked.
Please help elect me and the rest of TEAM ALLIANCE.
I would appreciate your vote.
Wheeler T Marsee